How to Transfer WordPress Website From LocalHost To Web Server
- Copy the files from localhost to web server using any file transfer tool(i.e. FileZilla).
- Remember the path to WordPress site,where you have copied files.(i.e. http://www.abc.com or http://www.abc.com/wordpress) . Don’t include forward trailing slash at the end of URL.
- Create Database on WebServer and import Database into it. Remember to list the database credentials(i.e. database name,database user,database password) as you need it for further steps.
- Open “wp-config.php” file on WebServer and put database database credentials in it.
- Open “wp_options” table from the database on WebServer.Look for “siteURL” and “home” entries in “option_name” column.Put your WordPress site URL as value for those entries.
- Now browse your WordPress site URL.You will see your website live.
That’s it,you have successfully transferred your WordPress Website From LocalHost To Web Server.
About The Author