Most often asked questions for magento developer interview
1>Do you modify magento core files?
ans : No,obviously not.
3>What types of products you can create in magento or and what is difference between them?
- Simple Product => A simple product is a physical item with a single SKU. Simple products have a variety of pricing and of input controls which makes it possible to sell variations of the product. Simple products can be used in association with grouped, bundle, and configurable products.
- Grouped Product => A grouped product presents multiple, standalone products as a group. You can offer variations of a single product, or group them for a promotion. The products can be purchased separately, or as a group.
- Configurable Product => A configurable product appears to be a single product with lists of options for each variation. However, each option represents a separate, simple product with a distinct SKU, which makes it possible to track inventory for each variation.
- Virtual Product => Virtual products do not have a physical presence, and are typically used for such things as services, warranties, and subscriptions. Virtual products can be used in association with grouped and bundle products.
- Bundle Product => A bundle product let customers “build their own” from an assortment of options. The bundle could be a gift basket, computer, or anything else that can be customized. Each item in the bundle is a separate, standalone product.
- Downloadable => A digitally downloadable product that consists of one or more files that are downloaded. The files can reside on your server or be provided as URLs to any other server.
4>What are the code pools in magento and their priority?
ans : 1>Local. 2>Community. 3>Core.
5>Where the configuration file is located?
ans : app\etc\local.xml.
6>Which file is needed to access magento services outside of magento?
ans : app\Mage.php
7>How many and which themes come up with the basic magento installation?
ans : 1>blank. 2>default. 3>iphone. 4>modern.